Youth ALIVE! is currently seeking a counseling intern (AMFT, MFT Trainee, or ASW) to provide therapy to clients in our direct service programs. Supervision will be provided by our Counseling Services Director, Nicky MacCallum, LMFT, NCC.
If you are interested, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest, availability (i.e. days and times) and expectations (e.g. hours needed).
Experienced applicants will qualify for stipends.
Counseling intern responsibilities:
- Provide mental health services for youth, young adults and their caregivers/support system as referred by YA programs and partners.
- Provide trauma-informed screening, assessment, and treatment of referred clients.
- Conduct home visits and generally provide services in the field which may include transportation of self and client to and from counseling activities in the community. (A car is necessary.)
- Complete and maintain all required documentation in a regular, timely manner and in accordance with policies.
- Meet all documentation and paperwork requirements as set by the agency.
- Participate in case conferencing meetings with non-clinical case management staff and agency staff meetings.
- Participate in BBS eligible clinical supervision.
Youth ALIVE! internships and job opportunities can be found here.