We Advocate for a Better California
Youth ALIVE! knows that in order to achieve our goals of a safe, equitable and just community, we need to change the conditions we live in. This is why Youth ALIVE! strongly supports the following bills in 2019. Check our legislative advocacy page for updates.
- Support AB 166: Provides Medi-Cal coverage for services provided by Hospital-based Violence Intervention Programs like Caught in the Crossfire and other members of the National Network of Hospital-based Violence Intervention Programs. Read the fact sheet for more information.
- Oppose AB 665 – Legalizes sentencing juveniles to life without parole
- Support AB 392 – Restricts police use of deadly force. Read the fact sheet and the comparison to SB 230 for more information.
- Oppose SB 230 – Does not meaningfully address police use of deadly force.
- Support AB 18 – Taxes semi-automatic weapons to fund violence intervention programs through CalVIP – the California Violence Intervention and Prevention Program.
- Support AB 879 – Regulates “Ghost Guns” – guns that are made from assembling “Firearm Precursor Parts”
- Support AJR 4 – Urges Congress enact HR 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act
- Support SB 221 – Requires law enforcement to track firearm inventory and report lost or stolen firearms to DOJ
- Support AB 165: Requires the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) implement training on gun violence restraining orders (GVROs)
You can submit a letter to support or oppose these policies, too!