Your help is needed!
The California Senate, Assembly and Governor are preparing the state budget now. Please call ASAP.
The California Violence Intervention and Prevention (CalVIP) grant program was created is California’s only dedicated source of state support for community-based violence reduction strategies like the Prevention, Intervention and Healing programs of Youth ALIVE!. Despite the enormous need across our state, there is only $9 Million in this program, while California spends over $11 BILLION on the prison system. We need more, we deserve more, and now is the time to make your voice heard.
Please make direct phone calls or emails (calls are preferable) to key legislators and staffers listed below and/or to legislators in your district.
What you should say
My name is ______ and I am a Californian and a volunteer from Youth ALIVE!. I urge you to support the CalVIP Coalition’s request for the legislature to fund CalVIP at $39 million, if not $89 million. This is a critical investment that will save lives in our community.
Who you should call
- Speaker, Assembly Member Anthony Rendon – Capitol Office: (916) 319-2063, Staffer: Gabrielle Zeps (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- President pro Tempore, Senator Toni G. Atkins – Capitol Office: (916) 651-4039, Staffer: Amy Alley (email@example.com)
Senate Budget Committee and Subcommittee on Public Safety:
- Senator Holly J. Mitchell (Chair) – Capitol Office: (916) 651-4030, Staffer: Luan Huynh (Luan.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Senate Budget Committee Consultants: Joe Stephenshaw, 916-651-4039, (email@example.com), Christopher Francis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assembly Budget Committee and Subcommittee on Public Safety:
- Assemblymember Phil Ting (Chair) – Capitol Office: (916) 319-2019, Staffer: Irene Ho (Irene.Ho@asm.ca.gov)
Assembly Budget Subcommittee on Public Safety:
- Assemblymember Shirley Webber (Chair), Capitol Office: (916) 319-2079, Staffer: Anthony Dimartino (email@example.com)
- Consultant on Budget Subcommittee on Public Safety: Jennifer Kim, 916-319-2099, (Jennifer.Kim@asm.ca.gov)
Senate Budget Subcommittee on Public Safety:
- Senator Nancy Skinner, Capitol Office: (916) 651-4009, Staffer: Zac Lierly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Consultant on Budget Subcommittee on Public Safety: Mary Kennedy, (916) 651-4118, (email@example.com)