Teens on Target, Youth Alive!’s peer education program, is training teens to be community leaders and educators and is successfully helping young people find positive alternatives to violence.
- Almost 100% of TNT Peer Educators graduate from high schools that have graduation rates of only 40%.
- 80-90% tell us they resolved a conflict that once would have ended in a fight.
- Twice as many TNT Peer Educators said they were “very likely to look for alternatives to violent situations” after participating in the program.
- Two-thirds fewer students believe it is ever okay to hit a girlfriend or boyfriend.
- 90% fewer students believed having a gun made them safer.
Read more about the life-changing work we’re doing with Teens on Target.
You’re the first person who gave me hope that I could change – because you used to be like me, and you changed. I never had hope before.
— 17-year-old gang member to a Peer Educator in a TNT workshop